As a follow-up of my previous post about measuring benefits of corporate blogging for an organization, here is a presentation by Giacomo Manson and Pier Luca Santoro (Italian consultants – slideshare presentation in Italian for those of you who feel comfortable enough with Dante’s language) which tries to identify and measure benefits of internal blogs.
Among criteria which are used to measure the internal blog success, we find obvious facts and less obvious one :
- Page visits
- Number of meetings not held because of internal blog efficiency in conveying the right information
- Measuring staff knowledge about updated corporate information
- Creation of workgroup pages to spread specific communication
- Number of project achieved
- Feedback on employees satisfaction (through comments)
- Decrease in internal phone conversations and sent e-mails
- Degree of employees’ involvment in corporate daily life
- Efficiency and speed of exchanging information inside the organization
This very valuable presentation is quite comprehensive in my opinion in the way it lists costs and benefits of an internal corporate blog. Moreover, by giving tools to measure the efficiency of such a communication channel, it helps communicators promote blogging as a real part of business life… not just a geek’s addiction.